Hello! Welcome to Living Your Making!
I’m Sheri L. Stuart, a Daughter of the Most High God. I serve humanity by using my spiritual gift of exhortation to encourage women and teens from all walks of life. Professionally, I have worked as a journalist and public relations strategist for the past 15 years. I believe the path to becoming the best version of ourselves is to allow our mess to become our message and the tests of life to become our testimony. And that’s exactly why this blog exists. Rather than hiding in shame, I decided to take the lessons I’ve learned from life’s disappointments and setbacks and share them with you.
If you need a dose of encouragement, you’ve come to the right place. I hope you’ll visit often.
Here’s 21 quick facts about me that you may find interesting!
- I’ve had my heart broken a couple times. I survived.
- I’ve been laid-off a couple times during my career. I survived that too.
- In 2015, I went on my first international mission trip to Uganda. (It was awesome!)
- I don’t like wearing coats in the winter. I opt for ponchos and capes instead.
- I played the clarinet and piano in high school.
- My favorite fruit is an orange.
- I’ve recorded a radio voice over for IHop.
- I’ve recorded a radio voice over the California Lottery.
- My favorite meal to cook is spaghetti.
- My favorite colors are purple, lavender, periwinkle… anything along those lines.
- I’ve attended the GRAMMY® Awards.
- I’ve attended the Lady of Soul Music Awards.
- I’ve attended the NAACP Image Awards too many times to count.
- I love to bike ride. Laguna Beach is one of my favorite places to go.
- I love to go hiking.
- I love to sew. It relaxes me.
- After graduation from college, I purchased a one-way ticket to New York City.
- I moved to NYC with only $400 in my pocket. (I ate one meal a day until I landed a job).
- My first job in radio was as the afternoon news anchor for WTON in Staunton, VA.
- I’ve learned to own my mistakes and to be quick to repent for my shortcomings.
- I soooo want a French bulldog!